Friday, October 30, 2020

Blog #13: October 30, 2020

 


    
                Today in class I was lectured about the target audience and how it affects what sort of content is produced from media and magazines. So, I decided to do some research on how to find a target audience and why is it so important to know.

                    A target audience is a group of people defined by certain demographics and behavior. Finding a target audience means discovering what kind of people are most likely to be interested in your service or product. Demographics looked for include but are not limited to gender, age, profession, and location, and income level. Often, media businesses use what they know about their target audience to create user personas. These personas guide their decisions on marketing campaigns for productions, content, and magazines. 

                    There are multiple ways to determine the target audiences, such as examing current customers, researching the competition, analyzing your product or service, and evaluating and revising your segmented audience. Although, there is no one-size-fits-all audience for all companies. The only real way to discover the true target audience is to conduct plenty of research.

                    As for me, I have decided to create a survey for my fashion magazine to discover my target audience I will include questions that will allow me to discover their demographics. I plan on creating it and sending it to my AICE Media Studies classmates and will describe the results in one of my future blogs, so please do look forward to that.
    
Sources: https://sproutsocial.com/glossary/target-audience/
                https://www.fatguymedia.com/inbound-marketing/target-audience/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #59: Creative Critical Reflection Question #4

      3. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware, and online – in this project ?         Click the link down below for my re...